20+ Fall Approved Wardrobe Staples For A Chic Office Look
Happy Wednesday! The month just started and it already feels like it's flying by. While I'm excited to jump into the holiday season, it seems like the closer we get to the end of the year, the quicker the days go by!
While I prefer to keep things casual with a pop of glam every now and then, I get my fair share of requests from 9-5 fashionistas looking for ways to upgrade their work attire. While a traditional office uniform isn't really my cup of tea (I find the black suit + white button combo so boring), it always excites me when I see a professional woman at a coffee shop ordering a vanilla latte or standing in the checkout line at Whole Foods, dressed to the nines and ready to slay the work day in a pair of stilettos, high-waist wide-leg pants, and a long tailored coat.
While keeping it professional and still adding your own personality to your work wardrobe can sometimes be a challenge, working in a corporate setting doesn't have to be boring. There are ways to update your office look without looking too trendy or too casual. Subtle upgrades like a double peplum dress, a contrast self-tie boxy top, or a suede double ankle-strap pump create a chic and sophisticated look while still remaining professional and polished. The key is to pick pieces that make just enough of a statement, but are still conservative. Here are a few tips to creating a chic and professional Fall office look:
- Add Office-Friendly Prints - Think checked, houndstooth, windowpane, stripes, etc.
- Work Contrasts and Different Textures - Leather, velvet, suede, and contrast piping add detail to a seemingly everyday work look.
- Opt For a Monochromatic Moment - Creating a head-to-toe look in various shades within a single color palette makes for a sophisticated and polished office look.
- Borrow From The Boys - Embrace your masculine side and create a menswear inspired outfit.
- Upgrade Your Footwear - Upgrade your shoe game with jaw-dropping pumps and chic flats.
- Accessorize Like a Boss - Statement jewelry and polished handbags are chic and easy ways to add some personal style to your work wardrobe.
- Punch Up Your Outerwear - if you must keep it traditional with a black or grey suit, add a dash of color or a pop of print with a bold coat.
If your Fall wardrobe could use a little pick-me-up, get into today's stylish office approved and work ready wardrobe picks.
And there you have it! How do you chic up an office-ready look?
xo, Danielle Nicole